Darren Moskowitz, Myofascial Release Therapist & Medical Massage Therapist
Darren is a 1998 graduate of the Sarasota School of Massage and holds a bachelor’s degree from Boston University.
He has worked in a variety of clinical settings, including hospitals, physical therapy centers and chiropractor offices as well as massage clinics, health clubs and spas.
Darren has extensive training in manual therapy techniques including Myofascial Release, Neuromuscular Therapy, Medical Massage, Deep Tissue and Sports Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, Swedish, Thai Yoga Massage and Reiki.
Darren’s broad experience and advanced training enable him to work with a wide range of clients, customizing treatment to the individual. Darren uses a whole body approach to understand and address underlying physical conditions, facilitate healing to injuries, relieve pain and stress and restore flexibility, health and wellness.
Darren treats all individuals seeking the benefits of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellness. He works with clients to improve their general health, minimize injury and reduce stress. He also specializes in working with clients with chronic pain, illness and injury including cancer, depression, stroke, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis.
Darren has taught Anatomy and Physiology, Energy and Bodywork, and Reflexology in the massage program at the Community College of Vermont.
Darren discovered the power of bodywork recovering from a severe back injury in 1997. Advanced bodywork treatments provided him with a pathway to healing and allowed him to avoid surgery. He has chosen to train in the techniques that have been most effective for him and his clients in restoring health to the whole body.
Darren moved to Vermont from New York City in 2003 with his wife and daughter. Darren enjoys the outdoor active lifestyle Vermont offers. Darren is developing his meditation and Aikido practice. His interests include skiing, biking, running, hiking, windsurfing, playing baseball in a men’s adult league and travel adventures with his family.
Darren’s Coursework and Specialization
- Licensed Massage Therapist (New York State)
- Myofascial Release courses through John Barnes, PT
- Myofascial Release I (two times)
- Myofascial Relese II
- Fascial Pelvis Osseous Techniques
- Myofascial Rebounding (two times)
- Myofascial Unwinding (two times)
- Advanced Myofascial Unwinding
- Cervical/Thoracic Seminar
- Skill Enhancement Seminar (a one week internship at one of the two Myofascial Release treatment centers)
- Myofascial Release I (two times)
- Craniosacral Therapy I – John Upledger
- Reflexology – International Dermal Institute & Geraldine Villeneuve
- Medical Massage for the Cancer Patient – Sloan Kettering
- Medical Massage Intensive – Russ Turchaninov
- Neuromuscular Therapy and Deep Tissue I & II- Stephen O’Dwyer
- Deep Tissue Massage for Neck/Shoulders – Clint Chandler
- Reiki Level I & II – Emily Bay
- Advanced Myofascial Release Trainings – Til Luchau
- Sarasota School of Massage, National Certification Program in Swedish Massage, Thai Yoga Bodywork and Deep Tissue Massage and Sports Massage
Darren’s Massage Experience
- Whole Body MFR @ Touchstone Healing Arts, Burlington, VT (2009-present)
- Fletcher Allen Medical Center, Adult and Pediatric Oncology (2006-present)
- Instructor Community College of Vermont Massage Program (2005-2010)
- Twin Oaks Massage, Proprieter, South Burlington, VT (2004-2009)
- Physical Therapy Center of Vermont, South Burlington, VT (2007-2009)
- Hemmet Chiropractic, South Burlington, VT (2008-2009)
- Green Mountain Chiropractic, South Burlington, VT (2007-2008)
- Stoweflake, Stowe, VT (2003-2004)
- Inn at Essex, Essex, VT (2003-2005)
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Department of Physical Therapy, NY, NY (1998-1999)
- Plus One Physical Therapy, NY, NY (1998-2000)
- Plus One Massage – Waldorf Astoria, Trump International Hotel (1998-2000)